jueves, 27 de agosto de 2009

Story # 1 - Wolve`s Love


“I’m so cold. The night is as icy as my heart. Yes, I know. I’m strange and crazy, I’ve got to admit it. But it is not my fault that I am. As a kid I always had quarrels with all my friends, and ended up playing alone. It’s not my fault that I am the way I am, they were the ones that had issues with my looks and that’s why we always ended up fighting. No one ever understood me.

Little by little I learned to bear rejection, and though sometimes they were very cruel to me I kept on being there for whoever needed me. My father always told me: “Don’t pay attention to those faggots, don’t be an idiot”. But though both of us had the same problem, he didn’t understand that they were my friends, not some faggots.

My mother was always by my side, helping me bear the pain the others caused me. And she understood and supported me: “They don’t understand your condition, my love. Don’t listen to them and keep playing with your little friends.”
A sad day of November my mother died, leaving me on my own with my father. It was hard to see her face for the last time, though I felt at ease, for she was smiling -lifelessly, but smiling nonetheless.

Years went by and I got used to the pain, making myself immune in most cases. But I wasn’t happy. My life was completely empty.

Then came Lucy, and with her love. She was an amazing, unique girl: smart, beautiful and tranquil. I couldn’t ask for a better woman. In spite of how I was she loved me and appreciated me. She accepted me. My feelings started growing towards her; until, without reason, she disappeared, walking away with a better man than me. I never heard of her again.

But I wasn’t entirely on my own. Elvira was always with me, never letting me down. She saw me as nobody else did. Elvira was like me. And she found beauty in me. She’d been my friend all through my life, we’d been together since the first time we saw each other (while we were both in diapers we shared sweet and sin-free games). I fell in love of her too, but her love had a name, and it wasn’t mine. Still, I was glad of being with her, though when I looked at her I remembered what I felt.

People weren’t bothered by my looks anymore. They learned to tolerate my visual aggression. That didn’t make me happier, but it didn’t cause me problems either. Though, when they crossed my path, they glanced at me oddly. That was something that never changed.

I began working and found true friends that supported me as much as my heart needed it. I learned from them to enjoy the little joys as much as the larger ones.

Elvira cried by my side after ending her years-long relationship. To think that they were planning to marry two months after the little incident happened. The love of her life had gone away in the hands of another, just like my Lucy had. After some months I finally got the courage I needed to declare my feelings for her. It still surprises me that she felt something similar for me. I wasn’t lonesome in any way anymore.

After the wedding my life turned into the most wanted success that so many aspire.

I was finally happy, and I forgot every wrong thing that had happened. I ended up being blinded by love before the world. And that blindness kept me from realizing I was being deceived for a long time. My wife was seeing the same idiot that had once dumped her. In my house. While I worked to progress, to buy my beloved one more gifts.

But I discovered her. My eyes saw her without her knowledge. My heart had been broken again, and for the last time. A thousand ideas went through my mind, and I made my choice.

But everything has happened now. I felt nothing while I hit her head with all my might. It was easy for me. It took me a whole night to bury her under the cherry trees of my backyard. And I think nobody saw me doing it. Now she’ll rest in peace. Yes, I know. I’m insane. But it isn’t my fault. I just wanted to be happy, but the world kept destroying me without understanding anything at all.

Lucy left, so did Elvira. I’m sick of my life, and that’s why, in this cold night, I’ve decided to end it. There isn’t any sense in writing this depressing letter either.

With lots of affection, to whomever finds this letter on my bedside table. I’ll go to sleep for the last time. I’m tired of everything.

Bartholomew “Little wolf” Gonzalo”




Bartholomew, whom suffered from Hypertrichosis, woke up from a nightmare in which he wrote a suicide letter. His head was aching. His conscience was driving him insane for having cheated on his wife with another woman with his same illness. “Stop it” –he thought-, “It’s time to tell her the truth and ask for her forgiveness. I’ll understand if she doesn’t want to see me again”. He tried to get up, but there was no room for that. He was in a very dark and narrow place. It was then that he realized that he was locked in a weird box, and it smelled like blood and cherries…

---

By Black Jasz
Translated by Verthandi Wonka

1 comentario:

  1. Cool ending. I like the reference to the smell of cherries. I wasn't familiar with the name of the condition, maybe you should mention its nickname "warewolf syndrome". Props to the translator.

    Me gusta el final y la referencia al olor de cerezas. La condicion medica no me sonaba hasta buscarlo por Google. Quizas debe clarificar lo que es. A veces lo llaman syndrome de hombre-lobo. El traductor lo ha tradicido muy bien.

    ResponderEliminar

Todos los derechos reservados / All rights reserved

Mapa de Visitantes: SI, USTED ESTA AQUI!!!